Refleksi Setelah Melaksanakan Pembelajaran


VIDEO-BOOK PROJECT GUIDELINE QUESTIONS
by : SITI MUSTHORIYAH

  1. What challenges do you face when working on the projects?
We can be called as a successful learner when we can overcome the challenges. I believe that everybody has challenges in doing something. Although they have different level of that challenges. When I was working on the projects, I found some challenges.  My challenges were about time management, English capabilities, and spirit.
First, I have difficulty to manage my time exactly. Actually I had some plans to do every day. However, sometimes the reality was different with my plans.  For example, I must do the video-book project and I should finish it soon. Then, suddenly my laziness came and whispered me to take a rest first for a while. After that, I forgot about the project. I did other activities such as watching movie, chatting with my friends, and sleeping. When I realized that the project should be submitted soon. I spent my day to finish it quickly. I went to sleep late to do the project. When I have finished it, I felt dizzy. That was my bad habit. Nowadays, I try to manage my time well. I motivate myself to do the task as soon as possible. After that, I can enjoy my time and do the next tasks.
My second challenge is about my English capabilities. I am still not good enough in English. When I retold the story based on the video, I have difficulty in writing English well using an appropriate grammar and usage. When I wrote English sentences, I am not really sure that my grammar was correct or not. So, I need long times to finish the project. When Miss Pat or Miss Mariska asked me to tell the story in front of the class, then my heart was beating faster. I am really nervous. I was not confident to speak English in public. I worried about my grammar.
The last challenge is about my spirit. When my spirit getting up, I can do the project and finish it before the deadline.
  1. What are the lessons learned from the projects?
The lessons that I have learned from the projects are writing, speaking, listening, pronunciation, and vocabulary.
First is about listening. When I watched the video-book, I also listened to the speaker pronunciation. I learned how to pronounce the unfamiliar words. There are also some familiar words that I still pronounce the words incorrectly. That made me really shy. Then, I practice the correct pronunciation.
Second is about writing. There are seven aspects that should be answer based on the video-book. They are: Title, Summary, Protagonist, Antagonist, Theme, Evocative experience, and Significance for own English learning.  When writing the answer on every aspect, I tried to make a good sentence using the appropriate grammar. That was one of my challenges in doing the projects. I usually did the project by myself. Then, based on the feedback from Miss Pat or Miss Mariska, I knew my mistakes then I tried to change my incorrect sentence into correct one. The feedback really helped me to write English sentence using the appropriate grammar. I studied about the good order of sentences. So, I can improve my grammar knowledge.
Third is about vocabulary. I can get new vocabulary that I haven’t known before and the vocabulary that I have forgotten. So, I can recall my memories again. When I found the unfamiliar words in every video-book, I searched the meaning of the words in my dictionary. It can help me to enrich my vocabulary.
  1. How can you use the videos or the content of the videos to help you as teacher?
As a teacher, I should make an interesting learning to increase the students’ spirit to study. I have a plan to my students using this strategy. Based on my own experiences, I learn English more fun using video-book. I can enrich my vocabulary; improve my listening and writing skills also.  I will give a video-book to my students. I can use the video-book to learn narrative text. I will give the students some aspects to be analyzed based on the video. Then, I will ask them to watch the video first. While the students watch the video-book, they will listen to the audio. They will get new vocabulary and how to pronounce it. It will improve their listening skill.
            Furthermore, I will ask the students to write their opinion about the story based on the video and retell the story in front of the class. After collecting their result, I will give a feedback for the students as like as Miss Pat and Miss Mariska did. I hope that the students will learn about the differences of correct and incorrect sentence in English. From the story that they have watched before, the students will retell the story in front of the class. As a teacher, I want my students to practice speaking English as much as they can.  I will ask them to retell the story based on their own understanding. I hope that it can improve their confidence to speak English. So, they can improve their speaking skill.
            Based on the video-book, I want to teach a social education also. There are some moral values that we can learn from the video-book. I will ask them to find the moral value from the story based on the video-book. Then, I will give a feedback for them. I hope they will apply it in their real life.


  1. How do these projects help your journey as English teachers?
I am still not good enough in English. As an English teacher, I should be master in English. When doing these projects, I learned some vocabularies and how to pronounce it. So, these projects help me to improve my speaking skill. As a teacher, I want to be a role model for my students. I want to give an example how to speak English well using the appropriate grammar and good pronunciation. Then, I hope my students will interest to learn English more.
Furthermore, there is a moral value from the video that has given by the lecturers. We have discussed it in every meeting. Then, I will share those moral values to my students.
  1. What suggestions can you provide for a better project?
The strategies that used in learning video-books are fun. I enjoyed the lesson. I got a new knowledge and information in every meeting. The lecturers used an interesting technique, so, it makes us more comfortable. The lecturers’ expression made me calm during the lesson. I did not feel afraid anymore. As a teacher, I need to make an interesting class also. I should be humble with my students in order to make them enjoy the lesson.
I think for the next project, the video-books should be contained with any pictures. It will make the students feel interesting to watch the video. Furthermore, the teacher/the lecturers should give a time for students to share their opinion about the video first with their group before sharing it in front of class. By sharing with their group, it will make them more confidence. After sharing with their group, I think if there are still enough time, each student should get opportunity to share their opinion in front of the class. Then, in the end of the lesson, the teacher/the lecturer can ask the students to write their feeling during the lesson, comment, and suggestion for the next meeting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RPP (Lesson Plan) Simple Past Tense SMP kelas 8. Lengkap dengan penilaian dan Lampiran-lampiran worksheet.

RPP PRESENT CONTINUOUS TENSE KELAS 8

RPP (Lesson Plan) untuk 2 Pertemuan RECOUNT TEXT KELAS 8 SMP